Here's a few "go to" places that I count on regularly when searching for the best deals.
6th Avenue Electronics - one of my personal favorite electronics stores out there - bought some flat screens there for my office some time ago.
Here's some coupons for them as well.
- Kodak EasyShare M590 14MP Digital Camera - Silver. Now $83 with coupon: AFLKOD83
- Harman Kardon AVR7550HD 7.2 Channel Audio/Video. Now Only $888 with coupon code: AFLHAR888
- Pioneer GM-D7500M Class-D Mono Amplifier. Now Only $128 with coupon: AFLPIO128
- KEF T105 5.1-Channel Ultra Thin Home Theater Speaker System. Now Only $1096 with coupon AFLKEF1096
- KEF T205 5.1 T-Series 5.1-Channel Speaker System. Now Only $1396 with coupon: AFLKEF1396
- Mirage Nanosat 5.1 Small High-Performance 5.1 Speaker System. Now $444 with coupon: AFLMRG444
- Mirage Unitheater Premium LCR Flat-Panel Speaker (EA). Now Only $596 with coupon: AFLMRG596
- Sennheiser HD280PRO Professional Headphones. Now Only $79 with coupon: AFLSNN79
- Sennheiser PMX680 Sport Earbuds with Volume Control. Now Only $49 with coupon: AFLSNN49
- Sennheiser RS170 Wireless Headphones. Now Only $232 with coupon AFLSNN232
- Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Now Only $310 with coupon: AFLDYS310
- Shure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphone. Now Only $66 with coupon code: AFLSHU66
- LG Electronics 47LX6500 47" Class 3D 1080p 240Hz. Now Only $1188 with coupon: AFLLGE1188
- Viewsonic G-Tablet with 10" Multi-Touch LCD Screen, Android OS 2.2. Now $299 with coupon: AFLVIE299
- Pioneer DEH-3200UB Car CD Receiver. Now Only $88 with coupon: AFLPIO88
Sears, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, Tigerdirect.com, Frys.com, Meritline.com, Staples/Staples.com (especially with coupons), B and H camera on 34th street in NY or their web site, are some of the other sites that I have used for great deals as of late. As you may or may not know depending who's reading this, I do IT procurement for a living, so I'm constantly searching for the best deals out there for a variety of IT goods.
One of the most amazing deals I scored recently was from Staples... a laser printer that was originally $300, that I paid $25 for - they had a $200 mail in rebate, plus a $50 off when you trade in a used printer, and a $25 off $75 coupon.
Some of the sites that I use to search for excellent deals, particularly when looking for a specific type of item are as follow, in addition to vendor specific sites:
Google's Shopping Tool
Bottom line: some leg work and looking at the right stores and using online shopping tools can yield some really good deals.